Saturday, July 10, 2010

Sunrise In Rodanthe...

I had the great fortune to be able to get away with the family for the July 4th holiday and the week after. We packed everything up (included our boys, Bach & Mozart) and took off for Rodanthe in the Outer Banks.

It can be a challenge at times to balance a family oriented event; while trying to pursue photography. I did manage to get some serious shooting in among the family snaps...

I have recently begun using filters to achieve different effects in my images. The filters for this image were stacked to allow the blurred water and clouds. I was also using a Circular Polarizer to help bring out the details and colors. The polarizer is a screw on filter; while the Neutral Density & Graduated Neutral Density are 4x4 & 4x5 HiTech resin filters that I use with the Lee holder system.

I am looking forward to more opportunities to use filters to help spark my creativity...

Have a great day! - Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment