Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Just Set It And Forget It...

I usually shoot in Manual mode in just about every situation; occasionally mixing in Aperture mode from time to time...
Sometimes doing that, figuring out the settings and fiddling with the knobs and buttons can be a pain. I do not shoot with flash (on camera, studio strobe, etc.) too often, most of my work being shot using natural or available light. So on Christmas Day; I decided to just set the camera to one of it's Auto modes and fire away. This is one of my favorites from the day; as Elise excitedly showed everyone her new Slinky, she paused in front of me with a silly smile and then put it up to her face. I just raised my camera, and without a moments thought or hesitation, I mashed down the shutter button.
At the end of the day; it's all about capturing that moment, that emotion, that memory... its not about what light capturing device you happened to be holding at the time...

Have great day everyone! - Ed

2 comments:

  1. I was reading about Henri Cartier-Bresson last night. He would say you give good advice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Theo... I am a big admirer of his work and try to keep some of his thoughts in mind while shooting.

    ReplyDelete