Thursday, October 22, 2009

Headless Chicken

I know... this is a Fall nature image in which there are no chickens, headless or otherwise.

I am referring to something that happens to me occasionally when I go out to shoot with no exact plan in mind. I know I want to capture certain images like landscapes, bodies of water, whatever... except I don't have a real firm plan of location or time.

I wind up spending more time looking for locations to shoot rather than actually creating images. Sometimes I manage to find myself at the wrong spot when the light is just right. Or I find the perfect vantage point and I have hours to wait until the light will be good, great except I don't have hours to spend...

Not sure if this happens to you; but thought I'd share this frustration of mine. It's something that you wouldn't see looking at my images; but I am sure everyone has gone through it at one point or another. Just know that it happens, and the best you can do is make the most of what you are presented with and then resolve to try and not let it happen the next time your photo impulse strikes...

Have a great day! - Ed

1 comment:

  1. Well, I call it scouting areas. It sounds better and I go out with no idea in mind, just a place.. Then I get there and scout, and hopefully I find a treasure that I can continue to go back to when the light is right!

    Good Luck scouting!!!

    ReplyDelete