Sunday, April 25, 2010

Quiet Spot...

I wanted to share an image from my quick visit to Longwood Gardens this morning...

After missing what looked to be a pretty good sunrise; I decided to make my way down to Longwood to get some Spring themed shooting in. It didn't take long for the Gardens to become very busy, hectic with all of the visitors. While the Tulip beds were crowded; making tripod shooting difficult, I choose to take a different path.
This idyllic spot is the Italian Water Garden. Until today; I had never wandered down to this part of the grounds. Tucked away down in a little hollow; I was surprised by the lack of visitors in this area. I just stood for a few moments taking the scene in before it dawned on me that it was a good time to make an image since there was no other visitors in the area. I metered on the sky in the distance when I made this single exposure. In post; I brought up the details in the shadowed portions (a benefit of shooting RAW); and added a slight glow effect to the entire image.

Have a great day! - Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment