Monday, April 19, 2010

Sunset On A Much Smaller Scale

I wanted to try a different take on sunsets this evening...

Still using the great light; I wanted to approach things from a new perspective compared to my recent landscape sunset images.

This is a Gerber Daisy. I photographed it on our dinning room window sill with the window sheers behind it; diffusing the light, and back-lighting the petals at the same time. I used my Tamron 90/2.8 Macro lens because I know that it will deliver the level of image quality I am after...


Still using the Tamron; I moved outside as the sun was almost gone. This Tulip image was taken on our deck. The Tulip was on top our table; the table a very light gray that acted like a reflector and bounced some fill light up on the petals. This was shot at a wider aperture; f/4, to help isolate the subject. I also under exposed the image slightly to help darken up the background.

Just a great way to spend a few minutes after dinner...

Have a great day! - Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment